6 Responses

1. GeorgiaAnn Aeverman
    GeorgiaAnn Aeverman
    August 28, 2013 at 8:50 pm | Reply

Love all the beautiful tips above. GaAnn

2. jan Pinney
    August 28, 2013 at 10:02 pm | Reply

My blog contains many different things I have created by reusing/recycling materials I have ‘found’. I taught this way for 22 years as well, by necessity actually, since school boards allot about $5.00 per semester PER STUDENT as a budget to work with. As a teacher I had to become inventive with projects and find ways to get ‘free’ materials. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your site. Thank you. I will return often.

3. Kathryn Wiens
    Kathryn Wiens
    August 29, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Reply

You can also use an empty Styrofoam egg carton. I get mine from Costco. 18 cups for watercolors and the lid to keep it easy to store. Also the plastic packs that have apples in from Costco are great for making larger batches of watercolor ready to paint the world….Split them in half and you have two of 18 each….. Kathryn from Maui

4. Terry Mulhern
    Terry Mulhern
    August 30, 2013 at 3:09 pm | Reply

May I add one? If you hold your dried up tube of watercolor with a tweezers, cap off, in very hot water…..it seeps to the top. Be ready to place your paint in your plate fast, if you don’t it will run down the tube. I flatten as I empty it, reheating each time. I’ve done this with very old tubes from the 7o’s and they have revived. ( I use to split and paint out of the split metal tubes but the paint was not as “fresh” to work with.) Oh, and the heat from a match will loosen the cap enough to get it off without twisting the tube.
    {Can you tell I’m a retired art teacher use to being on a budget? Smile.}
    I loved your list, especially the bunt pan idea. It was a new one for me!
    Blessings, Terry

5. Elizabeth Bennett
    Elizabeth Bennett
    September 5, 2013 at 1:03 am | Reply

What great ideas. I wouldn’t have thought to do many of those you listed. Thanks for sharing. I’m going to share this with my art group.
    Elizabeth

6. Owl Jones
    September 29, 2013 at 7:19 am | Reply

“vegan” cleaning products. Now I really have heard it all.