9 Responses

1. Charlie Greenholdt
    October 19, 2013 at 8:48 pm | Reply

congratulations Don. You are to be envied.

2. Heidelinde Crislip
    Heidelinde Crislip
    November 5, 2013 at 11:34 pm | Reply

Wish I could have made a trip like that. You captured all my favorite places in Michigan. Can’t wait for your book.
    H. C. -former Kalamazoo, MI resident

3. Ray Thibaut
    November 7, 2013 at 8:14 am | Reply

Beautiful and inspiring! Welcome back to the Buckeye State!

4. Jim Camann
    December 14, 2013 at 10:05 pm | Reply

Don. Must have been one terrific trip. I remember you telling me about your plan. As an old tv show said. “I love it when a plan comes together”. Well done. Jim

5. Don Getz
    August 11, 2014 at 5:58 pm | Reply

I appreciate the many responses which I have received from fellow artists and the public. My only regret; I should have made the ‘Oddyssey’ a two year trip, as that year went so fast, that I hardly had time to really enjoy it! Plan another trip?… I am now eighty, still very healthy and just might do it in a year or so… right now, I am culling my many journal sketches to make one journal of the entire trip – at least one sketch from each of the fifty some stops on the tour. DG

6. Pauline Caffrey
    Pauline Caffrey
    August 18, 2014 at 1:18 am | Reply

Enjoyed sketching with you in Dallas, Tx. I envy you in your Oddyssey. I hope to do it again.

7. Jacquetta91
    November 12, 2016 at 8:56 am | Reply

I see your website is in the same niche like my blog.
    Do you allow guest posts? I can write hi quality
    articles for you. Let me know if you are interested.

8. Linda Beyette
    July 5, 2017 at 12:13 am | Reply

You and everyone knows it’s call plein air painting it’s part of a French word you doing it to right now For me I take some watercolors paints oil’s paints cannot afford going around that if it airs of the country and stay close by my home don’t I cannot afford for now Some people couldn’t afford it who room don’t from different areas of the Country sometimes it’s two holes close do you have any troubles walking Some people have a hard time breathing Other people have bad heart

9. Scale copying tool | Artiparty
    July 9, 2017 at 12:16 am

[…] I blatantly copy ideas I find on the web. I wish I remember where I got this one. (edited to credit:http://sketchbook.cheapjoes.com/2013/10/don-getz-to-journal-final-words-from-the-u-s-odyssey-journal&#8230 ;) His is bigger, mine is […]